Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fubar1764  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 7, 2020 3:45:59 PM(UTC)
fubar1764

Groups: Registered
United States

Hi Everyone,
So, here's my sad tale of woe.

About two years ago, I got an F50 fault. I pulled the washer, checked everything, cleaned the leads, and everything seemed to be fine.
Last week, I got an F50 again about 45% through a wash cycle. Again, I pulled the stator. . .and then I had this (stupidly) bright idea of cleaning the leads with brake cleaning fluid (I'm a car guy). The stuff melted my nitrile gloves, so I immediately hit everything with WD40 and cleaned out the contacts.

So then, I ordered a rotor position sensor.

When the part arrived, I replaced the old one. It was then I noticed that the wires in the wiring harness to the stator had frayed, the red wire being almost completely gone. I got some 18ga speaker wire and patched the connector and the harness.

The washer did one wash just fine. Then on the second wash, it stopped again 45% into the cycle (70min run with 38min left). Somewhere along the way, I remember an Sd fault as well before the F50 fault . . . it showed an Sd fault for a few minutes before the F50 came. It may have occurred after I tried to redo the cycle or it might have been when I checked on the wash mid-cycle.

As the same as last week, when I sent it into drain and spin, it would get stuck at the 12min mark, then eventually give me the F50 error.

Control board is my next guess, except they're no longer in production and are out of stock anyways. So, do I have a fancy paper weight now?

HELP!

Jack
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.