Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
slipstream808  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 7, 2020 1:38:07 PM(UTC)
slipstream808

Groups: Registered
United States

First off that's the model listed. I dunno if its the right thing, however. Lotta sites don't even recognize that it seems. Also I know its made by LG.

In any case I'm at my wits end and the family is none too happy. The dryer is tumbling and blowing. We have igniter going and cycling, but no flames. The hi limit thermostat, the other thermostat on the flame tube, and gas valve assembly, the igniter, and gas valve have all been replaced. The gas valve setup came from AppliancePartsPros.com.

Also I'm trying to find the repair/service manual to check wiring. Thanks for any help anyone can offer. I don't wanna have to throw the dryer away.

That said I have continuity on both thermostats. None on the gas valves but there is resistance. Between the fact that the igniter cycles and both are new I'm guessing the igniter and flame sensor are both good.

Currently the whole dryer is in pieces and set up to run with the drum removed and the "drum sensor" propped up. BOTH thermosstats are bypassed and their connectors are tied together. I did this assuming those thermostats default closed to keep the circuit closed and open at too high a temp. So the circuit board seems to think its all good to go. I can NOT get the gas to flow however. Driving me nuts! The manual/pamphlet under the top panel indicates that valve 1 should be getting 90 volts. How do I test for that? I'll take any help because we are 2 weeks no dryer here... and all that stuff is new.

::EDIT::
OK so measured the voltage coming off the circuit board to the gas valve setup. Nothing gets to valve 2 ever. Valve 1 seems to get 50millivolts. Does that seem low to anyone else??

Edited by user Monday, December 7, 2020 4:39:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.