Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pcbohl  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 8, 2020 5:15:40 AM(UTC)
pcbohl

Groups: Registered
United States

GE JT965 combo electric convection oven and microwave combo wall unit

So the oven would not heat up. We only use the convection bake function. We never tested the regular bake function before applying the following repair. I replaced the bake element In hopes that would fix things. When I tested the convection bake after installing the new baking element, I could get no heat. When I tested the regular bake function, I got heat.

I discovered that if I started the pre-heat on bake, I could then switch to convection bake and it will continue heating. This seems weird.

This appliance is 14 years old. I am hoping to remodel the kitchen in the next year or so and would like to avoid any expensive repairs (especially anything involving pulling this unit out of the wall - minimum $350). If there is a likely solution I can apply with the unit fully installed that’s ideal. Otherwise we’ll just learn to limp along with the above mentioned work-around.

I really appreciate your thoughts!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.