Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
amacbabe  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2020 10:49:36 AM(UTC)
amacbabe

Groups: Registered
United States

I recently found out my dishwasher was leaking. After further investigation, I saw was leaking from the diverter motor(Hankscraft W10380170 Rev G) I own a Kitchen Aid KDTM404Ess1 dishwasher. I order a new grommet and replaced and thought this would fix the leak. Added water and it stilled leaked. I was able to vacuum most of the water was out of the bottom of the dishwasher and left just a little just around above the rubber grommet- Seem,s like it is not leaking but if I add any more water to the bottom of the dishwasher then water will be to leak from the bottom of diverter motor. What else can be leaking, if this grommet seal is working is there another area where water can pass through the diverter motor? Ple4ase help- Trying another grommet from another manufacturer to see if that might change things- Please help? Also, I have been reading people are adding automotive silicon to the shaft of the diverter motor- Not sure if this a good thing and will prevent the motor shaft from rotating
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.