Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RinOakland  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 8:50:00 AM(UTC)
RinOakland

Groups: Registered
United States

Hi, I have a KitchenAid KUDS02FRSS2. After running it, the bottom is completely drained/fine...however, after a day or so, it's full of standing water and leaking onto the floor.

I realized the inlet on the inside left wall was slowly, slowly dripping water when the dishwasher wasn't running...so it's simply filling up and eventually overflowing. (I turned the water supply off to the dishwasher, and sure enough, it stopped dripping.)

I "believe" this is likely an issue with the water inlet valve? If so, I can certainly access it and put a multi-meter on it to test the solenoid.

However, I'm also seeing on this site that leaking water could also be the result of a simple little hose clamp.

Are these the most likely culprits? The water inlet valve is >$50 whereas the clamp is just a couple dollars, so I wanted to make sure I have the right part.

*On a side note: I think the following are unrelated to the leak issue above, but I've noticed of late the dishwasher is much, much louder when running...and there are times it doesn't smell good. Again, may be a separate issue, but noting just in case.

Thanks in advance for any advice-
RT

Edited by user Wednesday, September 16, 2020 1:23:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.