Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Intel1919  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2020 9:54:24 AM(UTC)
Intel1919

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello,

I have a Subzero 590, installed/manufactured in 1994. Ice making stopped. Generally,, unit Works well, maintain/clean coils regularly. I have replaced in past 4/5 years water valve in top left as water from dispenser stopped working. I replaced the ice maker 5 years ago too, same problem (ice stopped).

I replaced the whole ice maker yesterday and am not seeing any ice making. I assume I would have heard the water fill for 7/8 secs into tray, but have not. I have read to wait 24 hours for ice. Can anyone comment on why so long. I would figure "several hours" after install. When ice maker is working, I notice the cycle to fill/freeze/harvest is about 2 or so hours. I can hear ice dump into bin, then hear water fill for 7/8 seconds.

I have tested for 115 ac voltage at test points L and N on new ice maker. I tested mechanical workings by placing wire jumper in test points T and H to bypass thermostat, and mechanical wheel does rotate. However, no water enters mold during cycle. I wonder if the problem is with the water valve again, but the water dispenser is working fine. I suppose the new ice maker could be bad?

Any other ideas to test or thoughts!!

Thx for any help!!

Update 9/14. I put the old ice maker back into the freezer and re-ran same tests (check for voltage and jump test points T and H). Same result, so I do not think the problem is the ice maker - I guess I have a spare ice maker now. So, I ordered the dual water valve which will arrive on 9/15. I will replace and update here.

Edited by user Saturday, September 26, 2020 10:03:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.