Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
robodell100  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2020 4:57:43 PM(UTC)
robodell100

Groups: Registered
United States

Hi all,

I have an 8 yr old builder supplied Whirlpool WSF26C2EXY02 side by side refrigerator. Until about a year ago it’s worked flawlessly and following manufacturer’s guidance changed the water filter every 6 months to insure the water and ice dispenser worked and was healthy for us. This is what we did until we started having issues.

Firstly we were seeing some issues with the fridge itself icing up so I increased the temp slightly and we tried to keep the shelves less cluttered. The latter has not been a problem since.

Secondly at about the same time and about 3 months after the last water filter change the water and ice dispenser stopped working. A water filter change fixed this, but we had to change every 3 months. Now we are changing the filter almost monthly.

The water supply has not changed. It’s a modern house completed in 2012 & we live in Florida. I checked the water supply line for debris and it runs clear. There is a small mesh filters into the fridge and they too was clean.

I have purchased a new water inlet valve only because now my wife only changed the filter 2 weeks ago and I’m interested to know if that will make a long term difference. I have changed the filter yet again and the water is being dispensed.

Does anybody have any ideas please of other things to try?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.