Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
master_of_universe  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2020 6:53:56 PM(UTC)
master_of_universe

Groups: Registered
United States

So 10 days ago, I noticed that our refrigerator was not cooling enough. After some trial and error, I figured out that when I close the freezer door, the cool air stops flowing in the refrigerator area. I unplugged the refrigerator and called a technician.

The technician showed up about a week ago. However, I had turned on my refrigerator a day before his scheduled visit. Oddly enough, it was working fine. After his visit and inspection for close to an hour, the technician concluded that the compressor is coming on and off and need to be replaced. He left and placed the order for the parts. It'd take 10-15 days or so to the parts to arrive.

However, I have left my refrigerator ON ever since and it's working as normal. No odd noises of any kind and the temperature stays appropriately both in the refrigerator (38) and feezer (-1). So as I am yet to see a problem in last 5 days or so, I am starting to think that he may have misdiagnosed the issue.

What do you guys think? Is it possible for a refrigerator with a bad compressor to operate for days without any problems?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.