Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jvhale  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2020 12:49:00 PM(UTC)
jvhale

Groups: Registered
United States

I have a Bosch SHE6AF02UC/06 dishwasher.

Recently it began giving me E24, related to the pump not draining, and that there may be a blockage. The problems manifests itself in the first few minutes of pressing start. The pump will kick in, some water drains through the disposal, and then it pauses, presumably to begin the regular cycle. But instead of continuing, it kicks on the pump again for a few moments, after which it stops, and this cycle repeats itself. It will remain in this state unless I'm able to stop it, or turn off the dishwasher, sometimes by disconnecting the power.

Of course, I also worked to see if there was a blockage. However after much investigating, I could not find any kind of blockage. I took things apart far enough to discover that there was a little bit of thread wrapped around the shaft of the impeller, and I removed it, and reinstalled the dishwasher.

Once reinstalled, it appeared that all was happy once more. There was no more E24 code, and the dishwasher appeared to be working again. But only after a few test runs, and loading the unit for some regular dishwashing, it was up to its old antics again. Only this time, it continues to repeat the problem, and never throws the E24 error.

It seems that the pump works just fine. If I hold up the float, the pump will run continuously until all of the water is drained, and I release the float. However, when in this state (of the unit cycling the pump on and off), It's evident that water is continuously pouring into the basin from the entrance on the left side wall.

If the pump is fine is it possible I have a problem with the water inlet valve, or maybe a problem with the float?

Any ideas or feedback would be greatly appreciated. In all other respects, the unit appears to be in good condition.

Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.