Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
corvairbob  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 2:46:12 PM(UTC)
corvairbob

Groups: Registered

i have the ffss2614qeo frigidaire side by side. and weeks ago we had a power outage and then i noticed after the power came back on a day or so later i had a hi fridge warning. i was able to reset the fault but then i investigated the reason i found the lower port plugged with ice. i got the ice out and then with that research found the damper not working. i took it apart and found a striped gear, i repaired that so on the bench it would open and close and the switch was making and breaking.

i put it back in and now the fridge is hovering at or greater than 45 deg. i now have a camera in the fridge looking at the door and it does cycle. and the freezer thermostat shows 45 deg. today i took the thermistors out and ohmed them and found ate 45 deg the ff was 25.1k the fr was 24.6k then t 43 deg water the ff was 25.2k and the fr was 24.4k then i put them into 76 deg water or tap water and the ff was 11.13k and the fr was 10.52k i do not know if that is normal but one person told me at 32 deg the fr should be 32.5k and at 73 deg should be 10.97k so the thermistors are close. plus in the test mode they are not giving me a fault.

the freezer control will put the freezer at -6 deg when set at 9 and 8 deg when set at 1 so i can control the freezer but the fridge will not control. i put a stick in the damper door and the fridge get to below 32 deg so the fridge can get cold. i was told the damper door is at fault so i have one on the way. but in this site i see that the controller the thermistors and damper door are bought together. i hate to just toss parts in the thing. so because the damper door is cycling ant the thermistors are what looks like in range i wonder if the control for the fridge is the main issue.

so one guy maintains the damper door. and that is in the mail but because this site says all 3 are usually got together i'm wondering if i might wind up with all 3 new parts. any ideas? thanks

ok just a bit ago i turned the setting down form 9 to 5 and it got to 50 deg and it opened and close about 5 times then stayed open and ran till it got to 45 deg and then closed and has stayed there. so at setting 5 45 to 50 deg is just to warm. i expect if i put it at 1 it will go to 55 deg and stay ope until 50 and then close. it is like 10 deg to warm on the settings. to bad the controller is not able to recalibrate.

Edited by user Monday, July 27, 2020 3:16:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.