Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
audio_inside  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2020 11:00:15 AM(UTC)
audio_inside

Groups: Registered
United States

Purchased an open-box HDI8054U dual-fuel range, floor model looked never to have been used. (I ASSUME it is configured for natural gas - but don't know how to verify this.) Electric oven works great, all gas burners spark and ignite on the range top. Our previous kitchen range hooked up to the same natural gas line with the same hardware worked like a champ.

However, I am getting insufficient BTU output from the gas burners on this new unit, and it is looking to be insufficient gas flow. ALL 5 burners are showing the same low output, so I am suspecting that the gas regulator (Bosch part #00632664) may the source of the problem.

But how often would a regulator like this fail right out of the box? I'd hate to swap it out (PITA) if it hasn't actually failed.

Is there any adjustment on the regulator that would allow me to control gas flow? Is it possible the range was in some sort of "demo mode" on the showroom floor that reduced the actual BTU output?

Thanks in advance for any advice on troubleshooting low gas flow...
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.