Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MagdaMae  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2020 9:57:44 PM(UTC)
MagdaMae

Groups: Registered
United States

I'm a do it your self person, no way an expert. Just put in a new spider in this machine. Have been having trouble with it not spinning. Spider was broken and replaced, but still did not turn. I finally located problem in back of control panel but could not figure out if it was the power or control board. A tap on the wires (in back) and washer turned. Small load or unbalanced load would shut down the drum, no turning. Seemed like the vibration of high spin with little laundry always knocked out the drum on the start of the new load.

Circuit breaker broke and electric panel went out. Smoke coming from back panel near fuse. A small white toilet paper tube like object with webbing covering a ceramic type cylinder connected to board by a wire on each end. I bought new wire harness but am more convinced it is the panel that is bad.
Does anyone know what is getting hot and burning on the panel. Since it is burning I assume it is getting electricity. I will attempt to fix most anything but electric is not my forte. I am ordering a new panel but don't want it to burn out due to some faulty electrical problem.
Thanks in advance for any ideas or suggestions.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.