Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DuaneA  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2020 10:22:31 AM(UTC)
DuaneA

Groups: Registered
United States

I have a 15 year old Maytag French Door refrigerator (M/N MFD2561HEQ) that's been relatively trouble free until a week ago. The freezer section is fine, set to and maintains 0 degrees. The refrigerator section is set to 38, much of the time it maintains 38 degrees but occasionally I've seen it as low as 34 degrees. The temperature displayed on the control panel is being verified by a mechanical thermometer placed in the fridge which reads very closely to the display.

After noticing this last weekend I removed the damper control cover to observe whether the damper was opening/closing as expected. It was much of the time but a few times I caught it not completing a full cycle to close the end switch. At this time I ordered a new damper control (PN AP6010385, contains the end switch) and installed.

For a few days it was at 38 every time the fridge was opened but last evening and this morning I caught it at 35. Both times I quickly removed the diffuser cover and the damper was still open even through the display was indicating below setpoint, the diffuser should have been closed at this time. My mechanical thermometer verified 35 degrees as well. This is an intermittent problem as it still maintains 38 most of the time.

Since the control panel displays the same temperature as the mechanical thermometer I'm not suspecting the thermistor.

Has anyone else experienced this set of symptoms? Any guidance on what to look at next?

Thanks, Duane

Edited by user Saturday, July 11, 2020 10:27:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.