Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tpanc13r  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2020 9:31:59 PM(UTC)
tpanc13r

Groups: Registered
United States

I have a double wall oven by Frigidaire, model FGET3065PBE. Neither the Bake nor Broil elements operate after self-cleaning the oven. Previous ovens this meant a thermostat was damaged, or a thermal fuse. I checked both elements for continuity and they are good. I saw in 2 Q&A for this model that those individuals also lost the operation of both elements after a self-clean operation. I also saw on a Sears over they had a Thermal Switch that only needed to be reset -- do not see such a component on this Frigidaire model.

So, I am focusing on a thermostat. What I see in the over diagrams is a part # 119 called a Thermostat on this site and a Limit Thermostat for the cooling fan on another site (same diagram and part # on it). I'd like two answers:

1. Is Part # 119, the Hi Limit Thermostat AP4587847 at https://www.appliancepar...318578506-ap4587847.html the culprit I should be looking at?
2. If so, the diagram isn't very clear where it is. Some general repair articles here and elsewhere suggest it is on BACK of the oven. I need to know HOW to replace it (of course, check it first) so I need some more detail instructions of how to do this. A video would really be beneficial.

Why don't the manufacturers provide this information when you buy the product? I guess I know the answer after calling Frigidaire and going through their automated phone system ending in a Service Company phone number in local area. Well, if not too hard I'd like to do it myself. Already had the entire oven out and both bake and broil elements out, so I think I can tackle the thermostat if I had a better direction on where exactly it is. The diagram shows it floating -- lol.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ThatGuy  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2020 1:05:34 AM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
tpanc13r  
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2020 4:21:38 AM(UTC)
tpanc13r

United States

I appreciate the fast response, but I already viewed this video that dealt with a thermal switch which I do not see in a Frigidaire schematic of components.

Now I did find https://www.appliancepar...318004900-ap2126993.html this morning and it is a thermal switch AP2126993 with Cross Reference Information
Part Number 318004900 (AP2126993) replaces 499302, AH440675, EA440675, PS440675.
But, it's Model Information does not list my model FGET3065PBE and the accompanying, nor do any of the 73 questions in Q&A for that part. Some of the Q&A specifically state none exist for some of the models there, while others do have one.

So, I would like to CONFIRM that one exists for FGET3065PBE model of Frigidaire before I start another project to remove the wall oven again to look for a thermal switch. Yet, this does not answer my query re location of thermostat controlling both the bake and broil elements in lower oven. Where is that? And how easily accessible is it? And is there a video or instructions for finding and then disassembly/assembly to replace it?
tpanc13r  
#4 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2020 4:42:22 AM(UTC)
tpanc13r

United States

Also, I did find a wiring schematic at a different site, but it is too small or unclear if zoomed to identify much. It does appear that there is a switch before the bake and broil elements. I just can't clearly see if it is the same one controlling both or whether what I am looking at is even a switch or separate relay or fuse.
tpanc13r  
#5 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2020 5:43:17 AM(UTC)
tpanc13r

United States

Just got off phone with an APPro tech. Great experience; thank you Brandy. This is what I now believe is correct:

There is NO Thermal switch for my model.
There is a Thermostat as indicated in the schematics for both upper and another for lower oven.
Voltage to the elements and thermostat can be checked through control board.
Continuity of the elements and thermostat must be on the physical part.
I was told that even if voltage present and continuity checks good, the part could still be bad (I'll agree with this at last resort)
It appears on part schematic that lower oven thermostat is between lower (above it) and upper oven (below the upper bake element).
I had the piece that should have had it on out yesterday, but didn't look to see if a thermostat was on it. So, will have to do again. Obviously, I must locate it to replace it, and will try again.

So, only help I could use at this point before I rip it all out again is a confirmation that I will find it where I expect it, i.e., just under the upper bake element and within the oven from the front and not mounted on the backside. I reviewed general replacement of wall oven thermostats, such as at https://www.hunker.com/1...-a-thermostat-on-an-oven , but it doesn't sound like it apples to my model. Details for replacing a thermostat on my specific model would be welcomed.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply