Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SpyroGyro  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 4, 2020 6:32:34 PM(UTC)
SpyroGyro

Groups: Registered
United States

I have a 2015 Natural Gas Thermador PRD304GHU/20 Range that I purchased in near mint condition from a private seller. When I purchased the unit I tested out the range and all the burners were function as I expected and as I know Thermador 5 Star burners to typically function. I have a 36" range I compared it to in my Brother's home. That said, when I connected it to the new location I was surprised to see a very low flame on all 4 of the burners. I have a 3/4" TracPipe Connection running less then 18' to the service from the meter. 3/4" gas flex line to the point of service to the back of the range. The range is rated for 72,000 Total BTUs with each burner capable of 18,000btus on High.

At first I though it was set up for Propane and confirmed that the regulator and orifice were correctly spec'd as Natural Gas Type. Next I check for a supply volume issue. I have sufficient capacity to run 140K+ BTU appliance and there are no kinks or blockages in the line. Then I checked the burner orifices and lines leading to the regulator with the pressure directly after the regulator. Again in both instances the were as expected clean and with sufficient pressure at 7" of water column.

I'm hoping someone here is experienced in Bosch/Thermador Gas Appliance to direct me where I should check next or if I should re-investigate the service. I was hoping there was some calibration that controls all the valves that would allow me to increase the volume to the burners. I know some ranges have low side setting but I can seem to find anything in the documentation to help and I want to exhaust all avenues before calling a technician in to help.

Thank in Advance,
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.