Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Convair580  
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 20, 2020 5:34:21 PM(UTC)
Convair580

Groups: Registered

Hello All,

First I’d like to thank all of you guys/gals out there that help folks at home like myself get through todays complex appliances.

We purchased this range in 2016 wanted gas and electric flexibility, it has been good to us for almost 4 years. Unfortunately, recently it started doing something odd. They kids were baking some cookies and they came out burnt. I thought at first that they had selected “roast” and the upper element had come on. So, I dismissed it. A week later while using convection bake, we experienced a similar issue, this time I opened the oven and saw the broiler element glowing red hot. Now I know there’s a problem. So, I tried just “bake” with no convection fan. This worked for about a week, then last night while baking some bread I could see smoke rolling out of the oven door. Once again, the broiler element is on high and glowing red.

Recycling the power doesn’t seem to make any difference, and the problem is intermittent.

Thanks again in advance for any insight.

J
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.