Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
vinesr22  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2020 11:43:07 AM(UTC)
vinesr22

Groups: Registered
United States

Hi everyone. First post here.

I'm stumped so am reaching out to the webs to see what other ideas anyone has to try.

I have a Fridgidaire fpmc2785kfa electric wall oven microwave combo. Microwave works. Oven runs but it has a temperature issue. I bought a cheap thermometer to confirm.

I set to bake 400F, after 25 minutes, cheap thermometer reports 375F while oven reports 400F. Not too bad, I can deal with that. After another 25 minutes, cheap thermometer reports 325F while oven reports 400F. Another 25 minutes and cheap thermometer reports around 300F while oven still reports 400F (it lies.....).

I measured temperature probe (recorded 1080 to 1090 ohms at room temp so looks good). Just in case, I replaced the probe. Same problem.

Everything online says the second most likely culprit is the control board. I order a $200 replacement 316560151. Drop it in. Same problem.

I measured the broiler element (recorded 25 ohms which seems a little high but not too bad).

Motor fan runs fine. Fuse is good.

What has me confused is I've replaced the temp probe and control board with no change in behavior. What else could cause it to misread the temperature and slowly die?

Where to poke next? Any ideas?

Edit: I finally got access to the $150 baking element and found it was fried. Will replace and report back.

[img=https://photos.app.goo.gl/2sMq6zkSrCJSMvnE7]baking element[/img]

[img=https://photos.app.goo.gl/4zC5Uvzijh2jjC8k6]fried baking element[/img]

Edited by user Friday, June 19, 2020 1:36:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: progress

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.