Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
£∆Z€R*  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2020 10:08:23 AM(UTC)
£∆Z€R*

Groups: Registered

Hi, I would really appreciate some feedback here. Sorry for the long post. I have a Samsung dv42h5000ew/a3 electric dryer.

We have been having issues with it for a while now. I have replaced all of the internal sensors/thermostats, and heating element 4 times in the last year. It started happening just as soon as the warranty period ended.

I replaced everything again yesterday. I found a burned up heating element, figured that was the issue. I replace the heating coil, thermostats, thermistor, etc. Four sensors total plus the coil. I get it all back together, run it, it heats. I load some laundry, medium sized load. It heats for about 5 minutes then stops heating. The dryer runs the full cycle, but only heats at the beginning.

I took it all back apart, tested continuity, tested power source, verified all wire connections. I opened up the centerfugal switch on the motor to verify that it is making contact. It seems to be functional, but there is no way to verify that the disc is moving back when it runs. As far as I can tell, it is. There are no obstructions, and no lint there. The motor and components look new.

There are no error codes.
The lint trap is clean.
The ductwork is new from dryer to exterior.
The internal ductwork inside the machine is clean and unobstructed.
All solder joints, wiring, and connectors are good.
This happens both with sensor cycles and timed cycles.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Edited by user Thursday, June 18, 2020 10:10:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.