Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pjmayhew  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 5, 2020 7:01:54 PM(UTC)
pjmayhew

Groups: Registered
United States

Hi everyone,

I have a Whirlpool DU890SWKQ0. A while back it started getting noisy, but worked; then still noisy but not draining. I decided to troubleshoot a bit.

I checked online and saw it might be an impeller problem. I ordered the kit. I took things apart, found the motor shaft very corroded, rusted; had to break off the impeller parts. So I grinded off then sanded shaft (after all the motor was working, but now going bad? not sure...). I watched exact youtube video for installing impeller kit on this model. Not hard. Ok, so I put it together, attached everything back up, the machine was noisy, motor working on first cycle, but as I watched the motor, for the rest of the time it tried to turn very slowly but just loud buzzing). The shaft was turning freely by hand (not quite as freely when the impeller kit was in place but freely). SO, I took everything apart and installed the kit again (being extra careful). Same thing happened.
(ohms reading across connectors about 7,7,7 - should be about 7,7,3.5)

So I bought a used motor online (quite new, barely used shaft, freely turning, installed it with the impller kit (again installed twice, same result) - it tried to turn very slowly but never got going - loud buzzing at start (I assume the solenoid kicking in? not sure...)
(ohms reading across connectors about 10,10,10 - should be about 7,7,3.5)

I am now at a loss of how to continue (maybe get a pro in...). It seems to me to indicate that the motors should work (the original one was working before), but I was so careful with the impeller kit, I don't see what I might have done wrong?

Sorry for the long post. Anyone interested in taking a shot at helping me? :-)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.