Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mtrafton  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2020 5:25:03 AM(UTC)
mtrafton

Groups: Registered
United States

I have aSamsung side by side RS265TDBP about 10 years old. The ice maker stopped getting water and making ice.

So far I have done this:
1. Checked orange feed line from inlet valve to ice maker fiiller tube in freezer door. Good water flow, no blockage, as described in No. 2 below.

2. Put a 110V AC jumper on the ice maker inlet valve. It activated correctly and water flowed well into the ice maker. Checked resistance on the same valve and it was at spec.

4. I replaced the ice maker. No change. Put the old ice maker back in. Same situation. On advice of a local repair tech who was shut down for house calls due to Coronavirus, picked up a new control panel. No change. HOWEVER, when I plugged in the fridge after putting in the new control board, I thought I heard th.e ice maker inlet valve click and heard a small trickle of water go into the ice maker, but no more.

5. Also, about the time that the unit stopped getting water to the ice maker, I noticed that the little arm that helps feed the ice cubes from the bin into the dispenser and crusher by the chute in the door kept running, making an intermitten cllicking noise. Not sure if this is relevant.

6. Freezer is plenty cold. About two below zero F.

7. I notice that when I unplug the fridge for a minute, then plug it back in, I can hear the inlet valve for the ice maker click on and a small amount of water does flow to the ice maker, but not enough to fill the ice trays fully.

Am I wrong in thinking that somehow the inlet valve is not getting the signal to open and let water flow into the ice maker? Is there a way to manually trigger that signal and check voltage at the leads to the inlet valve?

Would really appreciate any help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.