Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
papastools  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2020 10:20:57 AM(UTC)
papastools

Groups: Registered
United States

We were looking for white refrigerator and had to settle for this Samsung. Now I'm living with it.
We lived with with the ice maker frosting up over a year we calked the cracks and seams did not help.Check the seal on the ice door, that was ok. I got tired defrosting it and the bitc--complaining and
replaced the ice maker, She wanted a new one. Ice maker started out slow. Day two ice is a ok. A week later I notice freezer not cold enough. I clean pet hair form under and behind. Coils, fan and compressor. Fan runs. We cleaned freezer out let it ran about a week. My wife is using it as a refrigerator it gets things cold but will not freeze water. She tells me she wants a new one. A week later I figure that freezer must be iced up. Not wanting to tare down to see I went a head and ordered the heater Part# AP5589526, Temp Sensor Part# AP4979323 and Defrost Thermostat Part# AP4403832. After receiving repair parts I open up freezer and find no ice. I change the temp sensor and defrost thermostat. I checked ohm's on new and old heater they were 58.5 and 60.0 so I didn't chance the heater. Fan motor in freezer is moving air. Those new parts did not help at all. I am starting to second guess my self that I did something to the gas charge when I installed the ice maker. I never used any sharp tools to defrost the ice maker all ways hot air. It makes ice fine we use a lot.

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.