Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Plasticspaceman  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2020 8:23:37 PM(UTC)
Plasticspaceman

Groups: Registered

I just got a secondhand Samsung RF18HFENBSR, and after being plugged in for a few minutes, the compressor starts to run... and never stops. It’s louder than my 1995 Kenmore fridge. The fan works fine. But the temps in the fridge and freezer go way colder than the set temps.

I cleaned the dust out from around the coils and now everything in the back panel is as clean as a whistle. I leveled the fridge. I let it sit for a few hours.

What else can I try to fix this problem?

Edited by user Wednesday, April 15, 2020 8:24:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

#2 Posted : Thursday, May 6, 2021 12:29:14 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Colder then the set temps:
When the temperature is shallow in winter, the number of starts of the refrigeration compressor will decrease. If the refrigeration of the refrigerator is not good, the frost will cause meltwater.

You can turn on the temperature compensation switch in the fridge and let the temperature compensator work. The temperature in the refrigerator will rise, the number of runs of the refrigerator compressor will increase, and the refrigeration will be better.

The noise
The compressor base should be fixed firmly. If the noise reduced obviously after pressing the compressor with your hand.

Then generally, it is caused by uneven force on the vibration damping rubber pad fixed on the compressor base or loose bolts, and the compressor base plate is not firm. Therefore, it is necessary to adjust and tighten the connecting bolts and change the washer with lost elasticity.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply