Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CasaCasa  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 1, 2020 8:32:35 AM(UTC)
CasaCasa

Groups: Registered
United States

Model: GU2700XTSB1
Running a Normal/Heated Dry Cycle, the machine pauses at 97 minutes and will not move forward. I open the door to see what's going on. The dispenser has dropped the soap packet and it is lying unopened on the dryish floor of the washer. There is water in the filter area, but it is only up to the rim of that area and does not cover the floor. It is not anywhere near the level of the float. There is some bubbly residue on the lower washer arm so there doesn't seem to be water going through the arm. Also, I'm not convinced that it has been spinning.

I've run the diagnostic cycle and on Step 9 I get the Clean light, but not the Sanitized light, so it doesn't seem that the water is heating properly. But I'm thinking that's because there is not enough water to get over or near the element to get it heated up. The element seems to be working.

(Side note: Since I've been having problems, I did get it to run through and wash the dishes decently on a Light/Heated Dry Cycle.)

Thanks in advance!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

CasaCasa  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2020 8:23:53 AM(UTC)
CasaCasa

Groups: Registered
United States

Update:

I found that the chopper blade was damaged, so I replaced it. This has not solved the base problem.

When the Normal cycle (with pre-running the tap water to get it hot) hangs at 97 minutes, after letting it run for several minutes, I open the door to check things out.

The water is not high enough to cover the floor of the dishwasher. I added several quarts of hot water from the tap to fill up onto the floor level. Closed the door and hit start. Still sticks at 97 minutes. Several observations after opening the door to check several times:

- the washing cycle seems to run: soap packet dissolves and upper and lower arms distribute the water throughout the dishwasher
- the bottom arm is not always turning well
- I checked the temp of the water and it is 130 degrees (Normal cycle), so it seems that the heating element is working?
- Cancel/Drain works fine

Is there a way to manually advance the dishwasher to the next phase of the cycle? If I let it wash for an adequate amount of time to wash the dishes while stuck at 97 minutes, I'd like to be able to advance it to drain and then rinse to at least be able to get the dishes washed while I'm figuring this out.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply