Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
joenobodyyet  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2020 1:27:25 PM(UTC)
joenobodyyet

Groups: Registered
United States

I've been searching the internet. I've seen bad tensioner pulley or bad rollers.

My dryer is not brand new, but it's in good condition. It has a front door with the lint trap inside when you open the door, on the bottom of the opening circle. I was able to remove the bottom rectangle piece of metal that covers the bottom front. Then I removed the top front face with the door. I did not pull the dryer away from the wall, so unfortunately I couldn't flip up the top very far without it hitting the wall. (I will try this when I have more time.) I was able to pull the drum away from the inside rear panel of the dryer, and I could see the two rollers, one on the lower left, and one on the lower right. I rolled them with my hand and they spun really well, and there was no sound. The felt on both sides of the drum seemed in good condition. What I did notice was that the back/rear metal panel, the piece of metal on the inside back that has a 5/16 screw (all of the screws on mine are 5/16) in the direct center and there is a silver metal mesh screen on the top left, makes noise when I press it. I pressed my hand against it and it makes a squeaking noise. It seems like the same noise that happens when the dryer is running. I wasn't able to look at the tensioner pulley under the drum, but I specifically heard a noise when I pressed the rear panel. Any idea what it could be?

When I have more time I'll try to pull the dryer forward, open up the top, maybe remove the drum, check out the back and check out the pulley tensioner. I just figured I'd see if anyone knows why the back panel is making so much noise. Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.