Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
firedaddy24  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 26, 2020 6:11:56 PM(UTC)
firedaddy24

Groups: Registered
United States

I'm stumped guys....any help is appreciated. ~22 year old machine, did some maintenance repairs about a month ago...new belt, new idler pulley, new roller wheels, felt drum liner and cleaned the entire machine on the inside. Machine has been working fine since those repairs...about 5 loads of laundry per week. Wife was drying clothes this evening and the first load dried as it should. She loaded the second load, set the timer and pushed the start button...but as soon as she removed her finger from the start button, the dryer stopped. I checked the start switch...ok, checked the door switch...ok. I set the timer to 50 minutes on high heat, pushed the start button (door was open with me holding the door switch) and the drum began to spin, but initially somewhat slowly. Drum came up to "full speed" and I released the start button and the drum stopped. Unplugged the machine and waited about an hour, then went back out "just to see" if anything changed. Placed the timer on high heat for 50 minutes, placed my finger on the door switch, pressed the start button and IT WORKED as normal. Grabbed the clothes we weren't able to dry earlier, put them in the machine, 50 minutes on high heat and the clothes were dry. My research seems to indicate my particular machine doesn't have a motor relay, as some other machines do. Any ideas why, when I released the start button, my machine would stop? Thank you in advance for any and all assistance....really want to keep this machine, if possible.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.