Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
venusfan  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 18, 2020 7:57:18 PM(UTC)
venusfan

Groups: Registered
United States

So I've had my dryer going on 9 yrs and a year ago I heard a loud bang coming from inside. When I looked inside I saw that the felt seal was damage so I took the dryer apart and replaced the felt seal. A couple months later same thing happened and when I took the dryer apart to repair again I see that the bulkhead where the felt seal spins on was damage. Part # DC97-10354A, I contacted searsparts and ordered the part for close to $200. About 3 weeks later my order was cancelled and was informed part no longer available. I then contact Samsung and ordered from them but a couple weeks later I get a cancelled order, part no longer available. I've resorted to use high temperature foil tape to repair the bulkhead but I have to change the felt seal every 3-4 months after it becomes damage again. Does anyone have any idea where I can get a used part from or is it time to just buy a new dryer and scrap the one I have now and list the parts.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.