Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
modsolution  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 14, 2020 2:32:03 PM(UTC)
modsolution

Groups: Registered
United States

I have a Kenmore washer model #11025132411. During a wash cycle, I heard a loud grinding noise, so I turned the washer off and checked the splutch gears they were fine. I figured it was the actuator. I replaced the actuator. Nope, not the actuator still has a grinding noise. Upon further inspection, I noticed that the basket turns as it fills with water. It does fine. Then the actuator pulls the gear up slightly just before it starts the wash cycle. The gear being pulled up is causing the grinding noise. So I bought a control board and replaced it. Nope, not the control board. I am baffled can someone please help!! I can not afford a new washer.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Fotoburger  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2020 1:37:19 PM(UTC)
Fotoburger

United States

I do not know your machine, but a grinding noise sounds like it could be the bearing failing due to rust. That was the problem on mine.
M.O.G.777  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 5, 2020 7:30:00 AM(UTC)
M.O.G.777

United States

Had the same issue in a similar model. In my case it was the gear case/transmission. There was no sign of oil leaking which is your first clue, but the basket would spin while filling and then make a grinding noise while agitating.

Spinning was quiet though. Once I replaced the gear case, everything quieted down. It could be the tub bearings, but usually the grinding would be heard during the spin cycle also. Food for thought.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply