Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
USAFsarge  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2020 6:28:25 PM(UTC)
USAFsarge

Groups: Registered
United States

Hi,

New user here. Trying my best!

I have a Kitchenaid Superba oven/stove. The right-rear electric burner won't seem to turn off. It's a ceramic top stove, with all the controls in front of the horizontal surface of the stove, with mostly digital buttons, and the traditional knobs for the stove burners.

I know that most likely, I need to pull the oven/stove out from between the cabinets to find the model number, if I can do that. I'll give a try. On top of the stove is the word, "Ceran." in the right rear corner, and there are the words, "Hot-Chaud," toward the front of the horizontal surface, if that helps.

If the model number is on the read of the oven, I could only ask - why not put that number on a metal plate on the oven door so it's easy to find? Oh well.

The Main Question is:
Is it possible that the "Hot-Chaud" light is simply a warning light that tells you not to touch the stovetop? If so, that's the main question I am seeking an answer to. Not sure what a "Chaud" is. Sounds perhaps like French. Knowing the meaning of that light would be a lot of help.

Thank you very much.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.