Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wooderson_991  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 5, 2020 11:37:36 AM(UTC)
wooderson_991

Groups: Registered
United States

The appliance repair guy said he'd replace the power supply, magnetron, and capacitors. His cost was 75% of what the unit cost new, so I declined the repair.

This model has a microwave, and convection oven, and neither function works. The repair tech said the door switches were ok.

The control panel seems to be working fine, but the behavior is a little different. For example, pressing the start button used to add +1 minute, and it would start instantly. Now pressing the start button adds +1 minute, but the panel says to press start again to start cooking.. which is different than before (of course it never really starts cooking since it broke).

So hedging cost, I bought a power supply online, put it in, but it didn't change anything, it still behaves the exact same.

Before I move on to the more expensive magnetron (and capacitors), I wanted to check with this forum to see if I'm wasting my money or not.

I'm beginning to think that since both the microwave and convection features don't work, the magnetron isn't the issue. But I have no idea. :(

I made a video, apologies for rambling, but it shows the basic issue: https://photos.app.goo.gl/7w8EgeQn3sY8Xyed9

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.