Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rob66  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 22, 2019 3:38:16 AM(UTC)
Rob66

Groups: Registered
United States

I have a Kenmore gas range, model # 790.73232312. I was baking a loaf of bread and things seemed to be going well. I removed the bread and changed the temperature down to 300 degrees in order to bake another recipe. About 30 minutes later all of my smoke detectors went off, so I checked and found my recipe burned and blackened. I hit the "stop" button, but the oven would not shut down. It was very hot. I had to unplug the range in order to stop the oven.

I let the range cool down and plugged it back in and immediately the oven igniter was glowing and the oven came on seconds later and began to heat. I did not turn the oven on or set it to any temperature. I tried the "stop" button again but it didn't work, like before. I had to unplug the range to stop the oven.

I was told that this is a defect in the clock/timer unit or oven control board. At first I thought it was a defective oven igniter but it seems to be working well, as evidenced by it turning a bright orange very quickly once I plug the range back in.

Does anyone have any feedback that would help me feel confident that it is the OVEN CONTROL BOARD?

Thank you!
Robert

Edited by user Sunday, December 22, 2019 3:39:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.