Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mercado_m_a  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2019 6:16:06 PM(UTC)
mercado_m_a

Groups: Registered
United States

Front load Whirlpool duet steam washing machine w/ precision detergent dispenser cartridge, (model # WFW97HEXL), does not detect the blue detergent cartridge when placed in the soap dispenser drawer, as a result the pre treat cycle cannot be utilized since it works in conjunction with the blue precision detergent cartridge. Without the cartridge in the dispenser drawer, soap flows freely into the drum, as do bleach, and fabric softener without issue.
When starting a wash cycle with the blue detergent cartridge in the dispenser drawer a prompt on the LCD screen asks if the detergent cartridge is being used, you can answer yes to override the question by continuing to press the start button the wash cycle starts but, the pre treat cycle cannot be chosen because the blue detergent cartridge Is not detected and the machine will not allow the pre treat cycle to be overridden because it cannot detect the blue detergent cartridge.
With the top of the washer off and by over riding the detergent cartridge when prompted I noticed that the dispenser actuator is cycling and landing on actuator port II but, I believe with the detergent cartridge inserted the actuator should be dispensing from actuator port I. Has anyone seen this issue or can anyone provide any insight into what may need to be replaced.
This started occurring after the main control board went bad and was replaced the humidity sensor on top of the dispenser drawer was also replaced as I noticed that sensor seemed to coincide with the float inside of the blue detergent cartridge. Other than the blue detergent dispenser not being detected and not being able to utilize the pre treat feature as a result of the blue detergent dispenser not being detected the machine and all other features are functioning normally.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.