Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MarkWatkins  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2019 5:26:03 PM(UTC)
MarkWatkins

Groups: Registered
United States

Hi guys (and gals),

I have a Whirlpool Gold Series model# WDF750SAYB2 that might run intermittently, but lately, more often than not it wont.

Typically when it runs it seems like (from what I can hear audibly) as part of the start up sequence it will check for and drain any residual water in the drain, trip the water inlet valve to start filling it, and if the other checks work, turn on the pump to start the wash cycle.

What it does now is start the drain pump (I can hear it gurgling through the sink drain), start the water inlet valve (I can hear water start to come in), but the pump doesnt kick on. Instead of the pump kicking on, I can hear a sensor/switch near the front right click softly about 3 times with about 5-10 pause between each. If left alone, the dishwasher will go through its total multi hour cycle, dump the detergent, and then finish with a dishwasher full of dirty dishes. If I cancel after a couple of minutes(when I know it isnt going to run), it will drain. When I open it, its hot inside, so it seems the heater element is working.

To trouble shoot, I've cleaned the screens, made sure the drain isnt blocked, blown out the drain line, and removed to check the connections on the inlet water flow switch and the water level switch. The incoming water is plenty hot (guessing it must be over 110') Also, when starting it and I hear the water start to come in, I can move the lever on the water overflow level switch, and that will shut it off when I hold it, and start water flow again when released, so I didnt think its that.

Looking for suggestions on what to look at first/next.

I ran diag mode, and got the following codes in the following sequence:

8-1 slow drain?
6-6 water too cold - thermistor/OWI sensor
6-4 overflow switch
7-1 heating element

Not sure what to look at as it seemed most of the items referenced seemed to working in some capacity. Turbidity/OWI sensor maybe?

Thanks for any advice....

Mark
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.