Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Tbrooks26  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 1, 2019 3:54:41 PM(UTC)
Tbrooks26

Groups: Registered

I have a slide-in whirlpool gas oven as listed above. Suddenly it wouldn't stay lit. Would light for 5 seconds and go out. Turn off, turn back on same. Do that 10 or so times, and it would finally stay lit. Few days later went to use the broiler, same results. Luckily I have an extra oven in the garage for special occasions.

Did some reading on here, and replaced the igniter on the oven burner, didnt help (ordered before discovered broiler was the same). Has 8 holes by the igniter, I dont know if that applies to this model. I haven't cleaned the burners. Didnt really think that was the issue since they both started acting up at the same time. I've read something about circuit board, maybe. Also read somewhere could be the gas valve, but I couldn't find anything specific on this model.

Bought this from a guy cheap, because his wife said it messed up her cake, and wouldn't use it again, but it worked fine for us for a year now. Could be related, who knows.

Thanks ahead for any help
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.