Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Michael Sledge  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 24, 2019 1:48:09 PM(UTC)
Michael Sledge

Groups: Registered
United States

My Maytag french door refridgerator icemaker will not eject the icecubes. I unplugged, heated with hair dryer and plugged back in. It dumped the cubes and refilled and refroze. It will not cycle again. I cannot find a video or detailed instructions to remove the icemaker. The Model # is MFT2771WEM2 approximately 10 years old. The ice maker is at the top left but inclosed in a white plastic Box. I can remove the front cover (has a lever operated cover about 6" x 1 1/2). I can remove a screw at the top right of the motor end of the ice maker but cannot find a screw at the top left. I cannot slide the box out. I need diagnosic help and removal instructions. Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ThatGuy  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2019 5:42:29 PM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Try this video.

Michael Sledge  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2019 12:56:58 PM(UTC)
Michael Sledge

Groups: Registered
United States

Thanks Thatguy for the video and quick reply but unfortunately my icemaker is not mounted like this. The icemaker looks similar but it is mounted in a plastic assembly that looks like it slides out . There is a front cover that I can remove with a 6”x 1 1/2” slotted door. I can see the icemaker and can remove one screw on the top right of the tray side. It looks similar to the whirlpool ice makers that slides out on two rails. My Maytag model # is mjt2771wem2. I have found no videos, images or instructions on line that show what I have. The cubes freeze but will not eject. I unplugged, heated the cubes with a hair dryer, plugged back in and it ejected, filled and froze but would not eject. I would like to take it out to diagnose or replace. I need Instructions on how to remove, diagnose or replace. Any help on this model would be appreciated.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply