Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rediranch  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 21, 2019 9:09:19 AM(UTC)
rediranch

Groups: Registered
United States

Hi all,

I have a french door LG that is about 8 years old, and it is leaking possibly from two different areas.

The bottom door freezer has a leak coming from the back where the coil is, and it is a slow leak that drips into the bottom of the freezer and builds up ice until it gets hard to open and close the freezer door, then it has to be broken up and taken out of the fridge. It takes about a month after removing the ice, for it to build back up again and be a problem.

The more immediate need is a leak that spontaneously starts leaking out the front edges of the fridge (the front two corners). This leak happens fast enough that in the span of a few minutes the kitchen floor has a creek running through it. This just happened again while I was present (last time was overnight) so I was able to look and find it coming out of the front corners, a steady drip. I opened the freezer door and the ice is there, there is no running water, so it must be inside the fridge somewhere. I looked at the interior filter, and it is not dripping. I looked at the ice maker, no visible drips.

I can fix just about anything, but need help with diagnosis and/or where to start looking.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.