Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Spikeit  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2019 5:48:55 PM(UTC)
Spikeit

Groups: Registered

A few weeks ago my wife placed boiled eggs in one of the crisper drawers. Few days later I got one out to find all had ice crystals and were frozen. In the same drawer was a bag of salad mix and all the lettuce was just as frozen. I got into the display and the freezer was set at 2 degrees above and refrigerator at 36. I increased it to 38, left the food out to thaw then put them back in the crisper. Three days later I checked and the salad mix/eggs were frozen again. This time I raised the refrig temp to 45, high as it'll go, and sat an old style needle/dial refrigeration thermometer in a door shelf. Been there going two weeks and it stays at a constant 28 degrees. I like my milk cold but don't care for frozen eggs or salad not to mention it constantly running is causing unnecessary wear on the system. What can be the cause? A bad Thermister? I haven't removed the crisper drawers yet to check for a dampener from the freezer to see if it's broken or stuck. A possibility? Any ideas?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.