Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
don_caruana  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2019 5:17:56 PM(UTC)
don_caruana

Groups: Registered
United States

I'm near the tailend of replacing the bearings in my Cabrio WTW6600 and I got to the point of putting the driveshaft in. Like every video out there, it didn't drop right in. And I tried hammering it with a piece of wood like in the video but all I did was split the wood. Now it won't go in or out and I don't know if I just didn't hit it hard enough or if there is something seriously wrong. The bearings looked like they seated just right too - everything has gone well until now.

What do I do? Hit it harder with a bigger hammer? Or go underneath and knock it back out and try again?? So close, yet so far away...any help will be GREATLY appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Fotoburger  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 4, 2020 7:58:43 AM(UTC)
Fotoburger

United States

I had the same problem. What I realized was the top bearing was not seated all the way down. I determined this by of course first removing the driveshaft, then I stuck my finger down the center of the top bearing, and felt that I had a gap between the underside of the bearing and the spacer tube. Knowing that, I used the bearing seating tool again and kept turning. At some point the pressure to turn eased up, then went to much harder. That is the point at which I stopped. Once I did that the driveshaft went in with only a few smacks of the hammer on a block of wood, just like in the videos.
Archie_Dickson  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 1:24:42 PM(UTC)
Archie_Dickson

United States

The OP posted three months ago and it might be a bit late to send this reply. But, I have done several bearing jobs in the WTW6600 and other similar machines and I can't imagine doing it without the special tool set. There are a few special tools on the market, one of which is W10435302 or W10447783. I bought mine about 3 or 4 years ago for $80 but if you search either of those part numbers on eBay, there are a few for less than $20. In my opinion, it's a worthwhile repair job, as it changes a noisy machine to one that runs like new.

Cheers
Archie
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply