Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mwashbu  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2019 2:14:42 PM(UTC)
mwashbu

Groups: Registered
United States

I'm having trouble with my Kenmore model 110.24642300. A few days ago, it would get into the rinse cycle and then stop with the tub filled with water. The forum suggestions indicated that it might be a lid switch problem since it stopped during a period in which tub rotation is necessary. I replaced the lid switch and it now runs through the entire wash cycle. The problem now is that it doesn't drain. That is, after the spin cycle, I found the tub still full of water. I should add that when the washer originally malfunctioned and the switch was replaced, I took the wet clothes out and tried the spin cycle to remove the remaining water. The didn't work and I had to remove the water with a wet vac. It seems odd that the water pump or some other part could have failed at the same time as the lid switch. I have the replacement water pump but was trying to avoid installing it since it now involves getting all the water out of the tub. Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.