Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pauldw  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2019 2:18:49 PM(UTC)
pauldw

Groups: Registered

Our Kenmore 795.76203.901 refrigerator/freezer (fridge on top, freezer on bottom) has an ice maker in the freezer that hasn't been working for some time. I finally got around to trying to fix it. I thought the ice maker unit itself might be busted. Also, I learned that by pushing two buttons on the refrigerator display, you can get an error code if there is one, and there was one for the icemaker. At any rate, I replaced it, and while replacing it I didn't see or feel any icing up in the water nozzle that pointed down into it. Didn't work still, though. Then I replaced the water inlet valve on the back. Still nothing. There is water flowing through the water supply tube. Physically holding that supply tube up against the tube that comes out of the inlet valve, there's enough water and water pressure in the supply system to flow straight through up and into the icemaker. I checked across the two prongs on the inlet valve and did not get zero resistance. The little on/off switch on the icemaker is on, and the water supply is on. That's about the limit of my DIY abilities. What could I be missing? Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.