Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dan T in SD  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 12:19:08 PM(UTC)
Dan T in SD

Groups: Registered

Hey all you experienced repair folks,
I’m having problems with my washing machine overflowing when filling and trying to figure out which parts I may need to replace. I have no experience with these things so just relying on lots on internet searches (and searching these forums) to troubleshoot, which so far hasn’t saved me. It’s an oldie that I hate to replace with a newer machine since newer stuff seems to be built with much inferior quality, but at my wits end trying to solve what should be a simple problem. These things don’t appear like they should be that complicated to repair.

The machine is a Kenmore Heavy Duty #110.913.10.100, which I believe is made by Whirlpool

The steps I’ve taken so far to try determine/fix the problem are:
1. Throughly cleaned all parts inc. both tubs, air pressure bell on outside of tub to get rid of any debris and inlet filters on back.
2. Replaced the pressure switch hose even though it appeared ok
3. Checked pressure switch which seems to be ok. Used multimeter to check contacts, and can also hear click when blowing in hose.
4. Checked water Inlet valve which also seems ok. Used multimeter to check contacts, and unplugging machine while filling stops water.
5. Plenty of incoming water pressure, so shouldn’t be an issue.

In addition to the failure to stop filling initially, there’s a couple of other weird things that have just happened which makes me think something else might be going on. First, as I watched the machine as it was filling, it stopped at the correct level and started the agitation cycle, then for no reason after a few minutes it started filling again midway thru the cycle and had to be manually stopped and the timer advanced to empty tub. The other thing is the machine will fill and stop at the proper point with the lid open (as it has always done), but now it will agitate for a minute or less and then stop until the lid is closed. Then it starts agitating as it’s supposed to.

Only other thing I can think of would be something with a timer malfunction or wiring harnass/conatcs issue, but didn’t know if either would impact a simple water shutoff command. The biggest frustration is the overfilling /other problems are intermittent so it feels like I’m playing Russian roulette every time I’m doing laundry.

I’ve kind of run out of ideas and tired of garage flooding. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks for any insights,
Dan
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.