Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
annie1123  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2019 5:11:58 PM(UTC)
annie1123

Groups: Registered
United States

Hi all,
I have what I believe is a PRG36- not sure how old. Looks just like the PRG pics online with griddle in the middle of 4 burners. It is gas, the oven is currently not turning on; the gas burners work fine.
A few years ago the oven stopped turning-on on demand. It started giving me the 55 light code, E14, selector switch bad. The oven would still turn on, but only after the lights were done flashing. If I missed my window by two seconds the oven wouldn't turn on and I'd have to wait again for the lights to flash.
Then the oven stopped working. I can't remember if I could smell gas or not, but called out the local appliance repairman who said the ignitor was bad and replaced it. I mentioned the flashing lights to him and the error code but he brushed it off and said it was no big deal. The oven went back to performing as it had been- igniting, but only after the lights were done flashing their error code.
The oven just went out again (coincidentally after my daughter had been playing around with the sector switch....). I called out an appliance repair company that says it repairs Thermadors. The tech told me it needs new control boards to the tune of $2600. I mentioned the selector switch to him and he said he didn't know what that was.... hmm.
So, I'm wondering if he's correct. I'm assuming he tested the ignitor and determined that wasn't the cause (I wasn't home though so I can't be sure). Assuming that's the case, is it most likely the selector switch has finally gone out? Any thoughts? I don't hear any noises coming from the oven when I turn the selector switch....
Thanks for any thoughts!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.