Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rgleason  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 4, 2019 2:53:16 PM(UTC)
rgleason

Groups: Registered
United States

My dryer ate the sealing strip (my wife found it tattered inside the drum)a while back and I replaced it but I couldn't find any videos that covered this type of dryer so I glued it in place with the glue side to the plastic cover and the felt to the stainless steel drum. It lasted about a year and then got eaten again. This time I looked a little more carefully and I think that the glue is supposed to go to the drum with the felt to the plastic. So I glued the sealing strip to the location that seemed to have the glue residue still in place, the leading edge of the interior of the drum and everything was fine until my wife ran it. After about one minute it seized up and wouldn't turn. I disassembled the front of the machine and the sealing strip was bound up and restricting the drum from turning. All of the front and back bearings appear to turn freely. The strip seamed like it was too long to go inside the drum and was bunched up at the cut. I think the bunching is what stopped the drum from turning. I still can not find any good videos or pictures of the correct location of the sealing strip. Any help would be sincerely appreciated. I'm going to order a new sealing strip because the one that bunched up is not usable.

Edit: Let me restate the question: Where does the front felt strip glue to? The interior lip of the drum, the outside face of the bulkhead, or the back face of the bulkhead? Images would be helpful!

Edited by user Tuesday, October 8, 2019 2:38:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Restate question.

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.