Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JCdiyGuy  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 2, 2019 10:19:47 AM(UTC)
JCdiyGuy

Groups: Registered
United States

After searching the forums for the same issue with this part and not finding any posts, I finally decided to post my own. Sorry if it exists elsewhere.

I cannot remove the impeller that attaches to the circulation pump. It doesn't seem to unscrew and online videos show a slightly different housing from the one I have. Here's backstory below. THANKS!

My Bosch dishwasher (shx55m05uc/46) recently stopped washing dishes. It fills, but stops its cycle immediately afterward. After a lot of online research, I cleaned out any debris I could find in the sump. No change. Then I replaced a mineral-laden water inlet valve. Still no change. I then purchased a new circulation-pump impeller kit, which has arrived. But now I have a new problem: I can’t seem to unscrew the old impeller off the pump. The online videos show a slightly different motor, with a metal housing and ‘fins’ to stick a screwdriver in. But mine has no fins. Simply a plastic housing with a circuit board inside. So I can’t stop the impeller spinning in order to remove. Any thoughts? I do also have pictures:
Impeller
Back of Circulation Pump
Top of Pump

Thanks very much, all!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.