Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rrreinig  
#1 Posted: : Saturday, September 28, 2019 8:04:28 AM(UTC)
rrreinig

Groups: Registered
United States

I have a GE french door refrigerator model number PFSS6PKXBSS, made by Samsung.
The freezer temperature will not cool below 20 deg even when the displayed temperature on the door says it is at -14 deg. I replaced the freezer temperature sensor (WR23X10580) but the problem didn't change. How can the display think the freezer is -14 when it is actually 20?

I use a separate freezer thermometer to measure the actual temperature in the freezer. When the refrigerator is first plugged in the door display of freezer temperature indicates 78 deg and as the freezer cools down the displayed temperature goes down, tracking with the thermometer temperature until it reaches about 30 deg, then the displayed temperature continues to go down until it reaches the set temperature (-14) while the thermometer stops going down at about 20 deg. I know that the thermometer is correct because I have tried it in other freezers and also, the ice cream in my freezer is much too soft.

As a side note, the ice maker has stopped working but I am assuming that is because the temperature in the ice maker compartment is about 25 deg (I am told that it must be below 15 deg in order for the ice maker to cycle).

Any help solving this problem would be appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

bstefan  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 29, 2021 8:56:00 PM(UTC)
bstefan

United States

Hi! Were you ever able to get to the bottom of this. I have a ge profile (PFSS9PKY) with the exact same symptoms and would like to figure out what needs to be replaced. I have no frost on the evap. The temperature is reported correctly as it first starts to cool but then jumps to the set point even though the freezer is much warmer with wide temp swings usually between 15-32 degrees when the setpoint is -2. The refrigerator is functioning correctly.
SSheadaches  
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 19, 2021 11:28:21 AM(UTC)
SSheadaches

United States

Anyone figure this one out? I have the same issue.
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2021 6:54:43 AM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I also have the same issue. Any ideas come up yet? Have replaced the fans and temp sensor in freezer. Still too warm. Help!!
Mark54  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 2, 2021 10:21:31 AM(UTC)
Mark54

Having the same issues with temp fluctuations. I have read this post "Samsung fridge not cooling" , but I don't know where I need to start with? Is it something that I can handle on my own?

Edited by user Monday, August 2, 2021 10:23:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply