Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
animateme  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2019 11:59:22 AM(UTC)
animateme

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I have a Whirlpool Gas Dryer model 7MSGDS800MQ1 which has the problem of shutting off after about 15 to 20 minutes of operating. I gather that it is the motor that overheats and the heat sensor safety switch is shutting down the power for protection. While the motor is off, the timer continues to run and after about 15 minutes of cooling down, the motor starts up again.

I have replaced the motor with an original brand-new part and the issue is still happening.

Thinking that the drum might not be spinning freely, which could be causing the motor to overheat, I have also replaced the drum rollers, the idler pulley, the belt, the blower wheel, the rear drum felt seal, the drum plastic slide (bearing ring support) and the front panel felt seal. All this made no difference.

To discard the possibility of the motor getting overheated due to an excessive heat from the gas burner, I replaced the high limit thermostat and the cycling thermostat. Still, the issue is occurring.

I have invested quite a bit replacing all these parts without any positive results but now its all about the challenge of fixing the darn thing!

Any ideas on what to try next will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.