Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
frozencaveman  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2019 12:46:35 PM(UTC)
frozencaveman

Groups: Registered
United States

Hi,

I have an older Maytag model MVWC500VW0 that had a problem last weekend - the water filled up, but then it agitated for just a short time and stopped. I smelled a burned electronic smell that at first I couldn't isolate, but I think it was from the water level sensor. I tested it and indeed it was bad - the same contacts had continuity when blowing on the input tube as when not blowing on it. Further testing of the washer just resulted in more and more water filling it. I replaced the sensor and now the water level is good, but the washer doesn't do anything now. I've tried a couple different positions on the timer and still nothing.

Thoughts on this double whammy part failure? I haven't tested the timer yet, and am going to research how to do that, but could one component cause the other to fail? I know the water level sensor was bad based on a test, but it may not have been the root cause.

My wife is getting "agitated" over the lack of a washer.

Thanks,

John

Edited by user Wednesday, September 18, 2019 12:47:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.