Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Elle Dee  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2019 8:41:38 AM(UTC)
Elle Dee

Groups: Registered

Model MVWB300WQ2

My washer constantly gets unbalanced during the spin cycle. I have checked that the washer is level, I have checked that the suspension rods are not broken, it doesn't matter what size load is run, and it does not matter what speed spin cycle is run. It gets unbalanced every single time. Is it possible for something to be wrong with the suspension rods, even though they look to be fine ? I also checked underneath the washer for signs of worn rubber/parts, but did not see anything that seemed to be the culprit. Any suggestions as to possible fixes would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 17, 2019 11:57:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: to be more specific

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

tdupuy58  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2019 12:02:51 PM(UTC)
tdupuy58

I have an older Maytag washer, not sure of the model, with the same problem. A suggestion is the pads that are glued to the bottom of the drum are worn. Not a simple fix, need brake tool.
Elle Dee  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2019 8:17:35 AM(UTC)
Elle Dee

Thank you tdupuy58 --- on my parts list I see something called "Motor Shield Bumper Kit" or "Tube, Buffer" --- it is a set of four small rubber pads. Is this what you would be referring to ?
alyoungay1962  
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 8, 2020 6:39:08 AM(UTC)
alyoungay1962

United States

Originally Posted by: Elle Dee Go to Quoted Post
Model MVWB300WQ2

My washer constantly gets unbalanced during the spin cycle. I have checked that the washer is level, I have checked that the suspension rods are not broken, it doesn't matter what size load is run, and it does not matter what speed spin cycle is run. It gets unbalanced every single time. Is it possible for something to be wrong with the suspension rods, even though they look to be fine ? I also checked underneath the washer for signs of worn rubber/parts, but did not see anything that seemed to be the culprit. Any suggestions as to possible fixes would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Ellie Dee,

I know this is an older post but did you try this; Make sure the washer is empty of all water and disconnect all hoses and unplug the appliance. Lay the machine on it's side so you can access the bottom of the appliance. in the very center directly under the tub there is a allen hex head machine bolt that has a tendency of working itself loose. Take an allen wrench and tighten it snug but do not over tighten. This simple adjustment fixed my balancing issue. This works on Maytag Bravos washers made by Whirlpool. Model number MVWX700XWZ or similar models.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply