Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Covenant29204  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2019 9:51:57 AM(UTC)
Covenant29204

Groups: Registered

I replace a stripped control knob on the timer. All cycles were running fine before replacing the knob. Just had to spin the timer dial manually. After replacing the dial( it did not fit like the original chrome plated dial which is smaller and allowed the red pointer on the dial to be visible) The new dial is white plastic and covers the pointer on the dial not allowing to know where on the dial plate you are. Any way, now the washer will not go into the wash(agitate) mode. It will only fill spin and empty, it starts emptying the water as its trying to fill. I checked for any loose electrical connections and spun the dial plate several times. Can't figure out whats going on. It was cycling fine util I put the new knob on. Any suggestions appreciated

UPDATE: Found this info and it worked

If the washer is not agitating, you may need to reset your washer motor . If your washer senses a power spike, unbalanced load, or disruption in power it will send a fault code to your motor and may require the motor to be reset:
Unplug the washer for 1 minute from the electrical outlet.
Plug the washer back in and lift and lower the lid 6 times within a 12 second period.
You have 30 seconds to start lifting and lowering the lid. The lid must be raised a minimum of 2” ensure the magnetic connection on the lid is interrupted. Make sure you close the lid completely each time.
The motor has now been reset and is ready for you to start a cycle.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 10, 2019 5:58:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.