Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Techowl  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 7, 2019 12:52:56 PM(UTC)
Techowl

Groups: Registered
Canada

I have a Frigidaire range model # FRC340M-T1 that needs a new small burner switch.

The part number on the switch is 204679-102. It is a 5.4 to 7 amp switch at 240V.

The switch was made by King Seeley Thermos Co. Their part number is 821534-1.

I cannot find a replacement for this infinite burner control. It is unique in that it comes on low then goes up tho high as you turn the knob clockwise. The control does not turn counterclockwise beyond the off position.

This is an older stove unit, but has been very good to me. I have only replaced 2 oven elements and 1 8 inch stove top burner the entire time it has been here. I believe we purchased this stove in the 80s.

Ideally I would like to get part numbers for all the controls for future repairs. On a more basic request a new number for that old control will get me back in business.

I have tried several "universal" replacement controls, but they do not operate properly, and most will not bring the burner up red hot. They all have been the type that come on at high and dial to low, exactly opposite of the old control.

The local shops around here try to push their controls, but they have the same issues, and I grow tried of hearing the stove is not worth getting the proper control for it. I like this stove and I want to keep it going.

I have included pics of the stove label and the ID side of the original switch.

Any useful help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

- Techowl -

https://drive.google.com...fsnwJFZ/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com...m8_P48i/view?usp=sharing

Edited by user Thursday, September 12, 2019 12:47:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Updating image links for easier viewing.

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.