Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gillid1  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2019 5:50:58 PM(UTC)
Gillid1

Groups: Registered
United States

I have a bottom freezer Maytag/Whirlpool refrigerator which recently started leaking water from under the front of the refrigerator. After doing an internet search, it appeared that I had a clogged/frozen defrost drain. I ordered the replacement kit and after viewing a couple of videos, was able to install the replacement part. That issue is resolved. My wife was amazed - she was sure the refrigerator would never work again as she watched me disassemble the frig.

While doing the repair, I noticed that the associated defrost drip pan has several cracks in it. I did some temporary epoxy repairs of the cracks, ordered and now have a replacement drip pan, but am unable to find any sort of video or printed instruction regarding how to do the replacement. I would classify myself as a fairly inexperienced DIY'er, and am looking for guidance. Is this replacement fairly straight forward, or should I just call in an appliance repair person to handle it? If anyone has done this repair previously, your thoughts and guidance would be sincerely appreciated.

Whirlpool part number that I am looking to install is WPW10655367

Thanks!!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.